On 27th February 1856 the hall was
bought by Basil T Woodd, who was Knaresborough's Conservative
MP during 1852 and 1874. He was presumably responsible for
the Hall's portico and range of rooms added to the front of
The 1861 Census - shows Basil T Woodd as married but his wife
is not listed. He has 3 daughters living with him, plus 10
The 1871 Census - shows Basil T Woodd, a Magistrate and Landowner
listed with 5 servants.
The 1881 Census - shows Basil T Woodd,
Esq. a Widower, with daughter Fanny , and 9 servants.
The 1901 Census - shows Agnes Wilkinson
is the only resident, as the Housekeeper. Basil T Woodd died
on 4th March 1901.
The hall is passed down to Basil Aubrey Holland Woodd Esq.
and is subsequently sold to Charles E. Charlesworth, Esq.
on 8th February 1905.
The 1911 Census - shows Charles Ernest & Fanny Charlesworth
occupied the hall with 7 servants. They are described as living
on Private Means, and both born in the Wakefield area. Charles
Ernest Charlesworth died on 9th September 1919, and was buried
in Knaresborough on 13th September 1919.